I lied. I am back. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
I was talking to someone about how I was like when I was younger. I used to be a rather queer kid, you see. (Hmmm, I still am :P )
I am the only child and I do not have any play mates at all. ): What kept me going was my imagination. :D
Bear in mind, I was only 5 at that time. Here goes.
I would often pretend I am a scientist. And I "invented" a suit that can withstand lava and enable me to enter volcanoes. Let me make it easier for you to visualise. Just imagine an astronaut suit with a super long wire attached to it.
Hold on, hold on. Let me finish first. (:
I had 2 "prototypes" of that suit. (Mind you, it's an imaginary suit, don't be too harsh on a child) The first is made of materials that will not disintegrate when in contact with lava. Sounds rather impossible huh? I realised that it was rather unrealistic too. I mean, I will die due to the heat! (Dear 5 year old me, you are so smart!) Therefore, 5 year old Carissa came up with a second idea. Volcano suit 2.0 was thus born. It is exactly the same though. Except that this time, there is a cooling system in the suit and there is a thick layer of air trapped in the suit to act as a layer of insulator. Yep. I was 5. Which 5 year old kid would think of using air as an insulator? Oh dear god, what was I thinking?
Just a short story that I have been wanting to share for a long time. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment