Saturday, December 15, 2012

Insecurities.

"I feel fat."
"I need to lose weight."
"I'm ugly."
I'm sure most of you hear these all the time.
To you, it might be a desperate cry from what you call "attention whores". You ignore most of them, thinking "They need to get a life and stop trying to seek attention."
I dislike how stereotypical society is.
Why not change your perspective? Why stick to the bird's eye view of things when you can zoom into the minor details of the whole image? How do you know that these "attention seekers", "attention whores", or whatever you call them are seeking attention from others? Can't they be humans who just feels insecure about themselves?
When humans have certain opinions, they have 2 choices:
1) Keep it to themselves
2) Voice it out
These people just chose to rant about their insecurities. That's all. Why pick on them? Why not try to help them get over their insecurities instead of labelling them?
I'm not saying that such people don't exist. There are certain people out there who craves for attention. Even if they are what you call "attention seekers", by wasting 2 seconds of your time labelling them, aren't you giving them the attention they want as well? Besides, even if they crave attention, there must be an underlying reason. Be it family problems, horrible childhood experiences or just pure insanity ( Mental problems, what else could it be?).
Look at all those anorexic and bulimic people out there. I'm very sure a number of them said something similar. And instead of making them feel better, they receive nasty remarks about being attention seekers.
I am insecure about myself as well. In so MANY WAYS. You have no idea.
Back to the main point. Why not see it as people being humble about themselves. I'm sure you won't like it when some random person comes up to you and start ranting about how perfect he/she is. I for one, dislike extremely vain people due to their over confidence.
Even if you dislike their rants on being imperfect, it doesn't kill to say something nice or comforting to others.
Instead of calling them attention whores or ignoring them, why not try to comfort/compliment them, make them feel better about themselves?
They might disagree, but you know you did something good instead of going "Ermahgerd, she is such an attention seeker." -.-
Every one deserves to know how beautiful they are, no matter how imperfect they are in any way.
Every one deserves to hear something good from others once in a while, even if it is a try to help them regain a small portion of their confidence.
I'm sleepy... Do you get my point? :/
If you don't...
My point is, not every one whom you claim is an attention seeker is one. He/she just feels insecure.
Insecurities kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment