Sunday, August 26, 2012

Prata appreciation day.

I ate prata for breakfast and it turned out to be the best one I had ever tasted. Thought the best one is at Mr Teh Tarik. But no, it's at the food court near my house! :D 
Okay, why the hell am I blogging about prata? Am I that lame? 
No. Just think about it, when was the last time you ate a prata that was so delicious that you crave for more servings of it? That greasy, carb filled piece of guilty pleasure, be it plain, with egg or cheese... And it comes along with a pool of your favourite curry or a heap of caster sugar... 
But there are certain things we look out for in a prata before we entitle it the best prata we have ever had. There is a certain set of criteria to follow. That entitlement doesn't come that easily. The king of prata cannot be too elastic. It can't be soggy and soaked with oil when served. No, that won't do.
I went down for breakfast and I saw this long queue in front of the prata store at the food court. Being a typical Singaporean, my instincts told me to try out their prata. I mean, come on, a long queue most probably means quality food right? 
I was starving at that time and I contemplated about the quantity. Being quite a daredevil, I took a risk and  ordered 2 plain ones. What's the risk you ask? Imagine if they sell rubber-like pratas or soggy and drenched ones. The thought of that is plain disgusting D: 
I got my prata and jeng jeng jeng, the moment of truth is here!
That very moment I tore my prata with ease, I was overwhelmed with relief. I could enjoy my breakfast without aching jaws and sore gums. And what's more surprising? The prata is crispy and easy to chew. That food porn/orgasmic moment. Oh god. *-* Trust me, I had a great time in prata heaven. :>
Thinking about it, we humans are rather funny. (Ok, maybe it's just me.) We can have such high expectations of everything. 
Back to the point, if you have had moments like this, try to appreciate it. It's not everyday where we get to taste and indulge in such tasty treats. Such moments of awesome~ :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment