Thursday, August 23, 2012

Words can kill.

I sound very moody and grumpy in my past few posts. My apologies. This month has been rough and I'm letting my fatigue and mood swings overcome me.
Wait. Before I go on, a disclaimer. This post ain't going to be about me. I will be standing up for a friend. Bare with me. I promise my next post will be less... angry. :P
I have certain male school mates who are disrespectful towards the feelings of certain girls. They hurl their insults at them like nobody's business. And they never ever think of the consequences of their actions.
Let's slow down a little. I would like to clarify a thing or two. You can go ahead and call me a feminist or a complain queen or whatever you want to. The thought of guys hurting the ego and bringing down the self-esteem of girls is horrible. And I can't stand such acts.
Ok, let's be realistic. Majority of us judge people by their looks. I'm sure you know of certain people who are like that. They fling themselves to people whom they think are good looking. To them, "average" people can scram out of their life. They dislike people whom are not attractive to them. They despise them and continuously hurl insults at those whom they dislike.
Sad to say, I do know people like that. And what's even more disappointing? These people whom I know are guys.
Whoa. Hold it there. I didn't claim ALL guys. There are still gentlemen in our society. However, the thought of certain guys who are abhorrent and obnoxious just saddens me.
As usual, I will give these guys the privacy they need and not name anyone.
I know a few guys and apparently, from what I heard. They are just plain rude. They direct insults at girls. Calling girls they don't like "ugly" or "fat". OR, when talking about being friends with those girls, they will give the "eew" expression.
I'm sure, there are some other females (or even gentlemen) out there, who along with me, empathise with such girls who had to undergo such ill treatment.
If you are one of those bullies out there, have you ever heard of karma? What goes around comes around. I'm very sure one fine day karma will punch you right in your face, leaving a black eye behind. I'm sure you do not want people to treat you this way. And one more thing. Take a look in the mirror. Have a good look at yourself. You ain't that good looking at well, especially with that heart of yours. Do you deserve the rights to hurl verbal stones at others? Think about it.
And I am not discriminating the males now. There are females who do so to. And like I said, just wait for that one fine day, when the karma police comes and get those who are guilty.
I'm not saying I am oh-so-perfect. Yes, I am aware I do hurt people's feelings from time to time unintentionally. But I do make an effort to apologise after I realise my mistake.
Do take a step back, reflect on what you have said. Or even better, think before you say anything sensitive. Certain people have brittle self-esteem. It's okay to joke, but do know your limits. Try to be less insensitive and everyone will be happier won't they? :D


No comments:

Post a Comment