Friday, August 10, 2012

Stepping down. :D

Yep, you read it correctly. I have officially stepped down from the board. I will bore you guys out again and post a copy of my speech here. Just in case you are curious about it's content. Trust me, the length of my speech is a turn off for some :P

Good morning Miss Ng, Mr Jansen, Mr Loh, teachers and my fellow schoolmates. I’m Carissa, the president of 2011-2012.
It seemed just like yesterday when I was standing backstage with my current exco members, waiting for our turn to step up. We were nervous and excited about taking over. To think that was about 1 year and 4 months ago. Time flies when you are really enjoying yourself.
Serving the board and the school as the president of the student council has been a challenging and enjoyable task. Umpteen opportunities were offered to me to shape me into a better leader and I am very grateful for such opportunities provided.
Important lessons were also picked up and learnt throughout this journey of mine. Teachers were often there to guide and mentor me so that I will make the right decisions that are beneficial for the board. They were also there to give me motivation and encouragements. For example, Mrs Ko, who is always there to offer a listening ear. And also Mr Yeo, my co-form teacher, who is there to help when I needed help with my time management. Also, without the teachers, I would never have learnt an important lesson; humility. Mr Su especially, taught me the importance of being modest and respectful towards both my councillors and the authority. Mutual respect is important and I have to respect everyone in order for them to do the same. No matter what I do, I must put the authorities and the welfare of my people into consideration. I really appreciate the help and support from the teachers. And therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the teachers for their guidance.
My sec 3 and sec 2 councillors are important in my leadership journey as well. Their feedback allowed me to improve as a leader and their cooperation result in tasks being carried out efficiently. Also, I have been observing them and I have to say that I am impressed and I have learnt a lot from their attitude and character towards work.
I would like to highlight that I would not have come this far without my excos. Despite having conflict at times, they are always there to stand by me and support my decisions and actions. I am proud to say that they are a very efficient team and I can entrust them with certain tasks and get them done way before any datelines. My excos never gave up on me, and I am really thankful to have such a supportive group of friends. I have gone through thick and thin with them and they will be the greatest memory that I have of the board. The camps and activities we have conducted, and the courses we attended really brought us together. Therefore, today, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude towards them. Once again, I would like to introduce my team of excos to you. These are the leaders of the school who have been serving all of you for the past 1 year and 4 months.
Firstly, I would like to introduce my secretary, Erra Syamira. In my opinion, she is one of the most efficient secretaries. She is always there whenever I need her to do something. For example, I just need to give her a call and tell her to convey a certain message to the councillors. And bam! The councillors will receive the message the very next minute.
Next, the deputy vice president, Debbie Chew. She gets things done straight away once I pass her any instructions. She would even take initiative to double check that everything is fine.
The head of operation, Munirah Sulaiman. Just like Erra and Debbie, she is always there to make sure things are fine and if they are not, she will make sure that she get things right. She is like the “superman” of the board.
The planning committee; Head of planning, Udai; Assistant head of planning, Phyo Cherry. They come up with the best ideas. And besides planning, they also assist in other ways, such as helping out with the discipline of the board.
Head of PA, Putra Adika; Assistant head of PA, Tan Jiexun. They are the guys who made sure that the sound system for every event is working. Their job is not as easy as you think it is.
Head of discipline, Danish Durrani ; Assistant head of discipline, Aleen Tan and Danish Ashraf. Leaders have to be disciplined. And they have a challenging job of managing the discipline of the board. They set the rules and standard of the board and it is not easy for them.
The leader mentors, Nur Jannah Chan and Isabelle Ong. They play a huge role in helping out in certain tasks and also guiding the juniors during activities such as camps. They are the ones who maintain the hype of the board. They also play a role in assisting the discipline committee.
Head of social sprit, Nadhirah Hasan; assistant head of social sprit, Ng Wanling. Just like the leader mentors, they play a huge role in boosting the morale of the board. Their encouragements and motivations keep the board functioning. They also help the discipline and planning committee at times.
Last but not least, our quarter mistress, Nur Afini. She helps to maintain the councillor room and she plays a huge role during camps or other activities. Being the only quarter mistress, her task could be tough at times.
This is the team of excos that I have been working with. Can I have a round of applause for them? A big thank you to my excos. I really appreciate all of you and your efforts.
If given a choice, I would still choose to take on this role, as the president of the councillor board. It has been a great experience and I know my leadership journey doesn’t end here. I am looking forward to what awaits me in the future. Once again, thank you to the teachers, councillors and the excos. And also, thank you for being such a wonderful audience. Thank you for your kind attention.

HELLO. If you are still here, I salute you. Hahahahah. I will post pictures some other time, but not now. I can't find my usb cable. :X 
Anyways, sorry for the long post, here is a potato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment